A reader wrote to ask, “Have you discovered any resources to help design message series since that post [Rebuilding Your Message: Big Idea #1 The Series]?”
Ideas for Preaching a Series
- Read Rebuilding Your Message. It’s an easy read, full of practical tips.
- Watch the Rebuilding Your Message webinar produced by Ave Maria Press with co-author Tom Corcoran.
- Watch or listen to series preached at Catholic parishes, for example:
- Adam Hamilton (Methodist pastor)’s book Leading Beyond the Walls has a section on series, read more here…
- Try it. Just do it. 🙂 But, before you start the series, recruit a group to provide feedback–folks in your parish with experience in communication, sharing the faith, offering critique, etc.–and during your “experiment,” meet with them weekly. This will help you gauge what’s working and what’s not and make week-by-week improvements. At the end of the series, solicit feedback from your parish using an anonymous web form or a printed card.